1.20.2011

Scrappy the Shape Monster

Sometimes I find when I am trying to listen to something or someone, my mind is wandering.  Even when I try really hard to pay attention, something said will cause me to think of something else and the next thing I know, I'm on a totally different topic, at least in my mind.

I've found that crocheting or knitting helps.  As long as I know the pattern I'm doing, I can easily keep my hands busy and then I actually pay better attention.  I guess I am just too used to multi-tasking!  Because of this, my purse usually has a crochet hook and some yarn in it everywhere I go, church, bible study, kids dance class, etc.  I frequently make wash cloths, or doll clothes like this:
So, yesterday when I was getting ready to go to bible study, I needed to grab some yarn, but really didn't have anything in mind to work on.  O-man brought me about 5 tiny balls of yarn, scraps too small to do much with and asked me to make something for him.  I tend to make girly things, and since he's almost 3, didn't think he really paid too much attention to this fact.

Working with what he brought me, I made him "Triangle Monster" (he named it):
This is by no means a new idea, I've seen them around and his "Aunt Amy" made him one a while back that he loves, he named that one "Amy Monster," which cracks me up.  He's hangin' with his "guys" now:
Amy Monster, O-Man & Triangle Moster, just chillin'
I've got more scraps of yarn than I know what to do with.... and the girls have dance class in an hour...
Peace be with you,

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Great idea. They are super cute.

minimartha said...

Those are the CUTEST things ever!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...