1.04.2012

What I Wore Wednesday

I'm trying to dress a little better than jeans and a t-shirt, or at least dress up my jeans and t-shirts with some accessories.  I've been so inspired by Lindsey over at the Pleated Poppy and the other ladies who dress so cute during the week.  So instead of just making myself something to wear, I'm going to try to dress better even if I'm just home with the boy for the day... plus, I've gotten re-addicted to What Not to Wear on TLC...

Here's what I wore Friday night for a post Christmas party.  At the last minute I decided to dress up a bit more than I probably normally would have, I was just in the mood.  So I pulled out my LBD from Loft and accessorized with multicolored pieces.
The scarf is mostly teal but has lots of colors on some of the strands.  I made it a few years ago out of about 10 different types of yarn, very textural.  I wrapped a really long necklace around my wrist a dozen times as a bracelet.
Here's what I wore to church on Sunday.  Check back tomorrow and I'll show you how I recreated it from a pinterest inspiration.
Yesterday (I haven't gotten dressed yet today), hanging out with a friend and crafting and then activities with the kids.
Shirt and jeans Kohls, cardi Avon, shoes Payless for $2.
Necklace Lia Sophia, flower pin is from a boutique in Gardner's Village from my trip to Utah.  Notice the purple glasses... while I love having different colored glasses to go with different outfits, I'd rather not have to wear them or contacts at all.  AND in just two short days, I won't have to anymore!!!!!!  So excited for Lasik surgery!!!!!

Peace be with you,

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Great job rocking the accessories! LOVE that flower pin!

Would also love it you'd stop by for a visit!

P.S. I'm your newest follower. : )

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Very cute! And thanks for linking to Wednesday Pinterest favorites! I love having you!

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Hi, Emily. This is one my Pinterest party features next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...