1.26.2012

Kitchen Clean Up

Home Storage Solutions 101 is hosting 52 Weeks to an Organized Home and I'm doing my best to follow the plan.  The first week was countertops... I got them all cleaned up but didn't get pictures before my family struck...

Week 2 was kitchen cabinets and drawers.  I had spent some time before the holidays working on a few of my cabinets, but the drawers needed some work.  I started early one morning before anyone was up and forgot to take before pictures.  But, I'm pretty pleased with the afters:
If I'd realized how many baby spoons we no longer needed!  I kept all the matched sets with the kids monograms.  Especially since O-man still likes to use them, especially the "mini-forks!"
If I took the pizza cutter and the crinkle cutter out, everything fits perfectly, but those are pretty handy so they can rest on top.
Another thing that helped was taking out the rubber spatulas and wooden spoons, the two things I reach for the most and have to move the most to get to things below it.  For $1 I found a crock that was the right size and weight for what I wanted, I'll probably keep my eye out for something prettier, but for now, it does the job.  Since I rarely use the 5th burner on my stove, it works here and is easy to move if I do need that burner (come to think of it, I think it's just a warming burner... the stove was free, working and better than my old one, I wasn't too concerned with all the extras!).
Last week, was pantry, I'm still working on that and this week is fridge and freezer... working on that too!  It feels good to get some organizing done... too bad there is soooooooo much more to be done....

Peace be with you,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...