1.05.2012

Pinterest Inspired Re-Fashion 1

I remember a conversation in college with a sorority sister one day.  We were talking about how we both woke up with a sore throat and really didn't feel well.  I'd gone to class practically in pajamas that day, she was all fancied up...When I asked her why, she told me she always felt better both mentally and physically when she wore nice clothes.  That has always stuck with me and I frequently think of it when I'm not feeling great and stay in my jammies all day.

But since the gray winter skies tend to get me down, I'm going to try to fight against them this year by wearing cute clothes most days and participate in What I Wore Wednesday over at the Pleated Poppy.  AND since I'm on a spending budget of $0, I'm going to remake the clothes I already have (with occasional thrift store finds, can't rule that out even with a budget of $0, it's bound to happen).

I give you my first Pinterest Inspired Re-Fashion:

Bear in mind, I was working with what I had so I changed up the colors a bit and added boots... since I can't go outside in stocking feet!!!!!

 I started with a black sweater from the bottom of my closet.  It had actually been on the wire shelf so long I tossed it into the dryer on fluff to get the shelf's impressions out of it!
 After a little trial and error, I settled on applying the lace with liquid stitch, the kind that you iron in place... because I had it on hand.  I did stitch down the ends and may go back and hand stitch now that it is in the right spot.  I also added buttons down the middle (don't show up in pic) that all coordinate but are different just for fun.  I left off the bows ontop of the lace, that was a little too much for me.

I crocheted a quick infinity scarf, took a few inches off a hand-me-down skirt and since it had red in it, added red tights and boots.
Oh, and red glasses!

I've pinned quite a few more outfits I plan to refashion, I hope you'll come back and check them out!
Peace be with you,

5 comments:

kids clothing said...

This is a good idea for girls with an notion of the style and also hue of costume they are looking for in advance. This could make it easier to discover the excellent dress, because there are really countless clothes to select from.

Unknown said...

Wow! I am totally impressed with your pinterest inspired transformation! Your sweater looks awesome.. what a great way to recreate what you have into something you love again!
Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

Jill said...

Lovely outfit Emily! I think your friend was right with the feeling better idea when you dress in nice clothes too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, you did a brilliant job recreating your pin! You look fabulous too. Great job!

Best wishes and happy pinning,
Natasha.

cathy@My1929Charmer said...

I knew Pinterest was inspiring, but not for clothes. You really did a great job transforming inspiration from one outfit to yours. You outfit is really nice. Love the red tights. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...