A while back I decided it would be fun to make my girls bunk beds for their American Girl (-ish) dolls using the directions from Pieces for Reese. My intention was for me to do the work with the girls assisting me. JuneBug helped me shop for the wood, we got enough for two sets (one is going to be a gift for their friend, one of my "spares") and spent less than $20, included a countersink drill bit.
IronFish ended up jumping in on the action and he did most of the building and painting with the girls help (and a bit of mine). The final results...
From an Igloo, for the inspiration!
I did make a bit of a change from the original plans, on the bottom bunk, we put the plywood under the side rails to make a tray to hold the mattress in place. I made the mattresses out of left over foam I had covered in old pillow cases I had in my stash. I simply serged one side to the width I wanted, slid the foam in and tucked it closed. I personally thought it was pretty clever (everyone should be proud of themselves every now and then!).
It feels good to knock a few things off my Craft Bucket List.
Peace be with you,