12.18.2011

Making a List and Checking it Twice

I don't know about you, but my to-do list for Christmas isn't even finished being made, let alone checked even once!  With that being said and the fact that my family is trying to decide between calling the Clean House or Hoarders shows... I'll be taking a short break.

BUT, I'll be back in January with some big plans and I'd love for you to participate.  I'm still working out the details but I'm planning a Beat the Winter Blues Blog Bash... January is the hardest time of year for me.  Cold, dreary days don't help my mood in any way but last year was the best winter I had in years.  I've suffered from depression since childhood and I truly believe this blog helped me get through what has historically been the worst time of year for me.  THAT calls for celebration.

SO, if you are interested in guest posting, sponsoring a give-a-way, advertising or otherwise participating in my celebration either leave me a comment on this post or email me at domesticdeadline@gmail.com.

If you miss me in the mean time, I'll be over at Gingersnap Crafts for Christmas Break and would love for you to join us.


AND, I'll leave you with a few pictures of some of the hats I just finished up... then I have to get started on the gifts I still have to make for my family!
 A fun owl, made to coordinate with a coat.
 Ladybug... I am loving how this turned out... good thing too since I had 3 orders for them!
Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye, this is one of my personal favorites!
And don't be surprised if you see some much needed layout changes...
Peace be with you,

16 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Emily,
Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your mitten pillow on my round tuit post this week!
Round Tuit 80
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Janet said...

I have also suffered from depression forever it seems, and Thanksgiving on through the new year usually find me in a pit. This is my first year as a blogger and the best year I've had mood-wise in many years. Definite connection. Your hats are adorable, first visit, from Round Tuit 80.
Janet
craftythriftydecoratingwifemom.wordpress.com

Misty said...

I wouldn't mind being a guest. I am relatively new a blogging. Please come by and let me know if that is a possibility.

Susanne said...

Such great hats!
You have my full sympaty regarding winter depression, here in the south of Norway we have about 5 hours of daylight at the moment. Cant wait for the sun to finally "turn"
Wish you a merry christmas!

Kim Sturge said...

Beautiful Hats. You have a special talent for these.

Jennifer said...

I am right there with you....January and February are such downers. I like to focus on house projects, especially PAINTING during those months. :) Looking forward to your new stuff in Jan. I will look for your Christmas Break post...I am posting there as well!

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

It's funny, but summer seems to be my down-time...maybe it's all the bathing suits :) Anyway, had to stop over when I saw your Ode to Buckeyes...love it! If my son would keep a hat on his head for longer than 15 seconds, I'd be all over this!
Hope that your holidays are fantastic...try not to stress too much!

Anonymous said...

I love the ladybug hat! Did you design it yourself?

Emily said...

@ Brittney (you're set up as a no-reply) yes, it is my own design! I've seen a lot of ladybug hats out there but wanted to do something a bit different.

Amy said...

Wow your hats are sooo cool! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my shrug! I would be interested in guest posting or maybe a giveaway.

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

You're a Buckeye? How did I miss that?! So are we! I should order two of those hats for my twin boys. I do want to participate in your Winter Blues series. Let me know!

Jill said...

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

@Emily-- Sweet! I'd love to learn how to do that. I can crochet a pot holder, and I'm learning some other stuff.... but it would be cool to be able to actually put a design on something.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

these hats are awesome thanks so much for linking up at my What We Wore and Made party

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Really cute adorable hats. Love the ladybug, something with a lady bug is just too cute. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best and wishing you very happy holiday's.

Bea said...

I am in the Midwest and winters always put me down, thank goodness I have two little angels who keep me happy! I love your hats, I like crotcheing, but not as much as knitting, However, I have to say that you are super creative, I love the lady bug!!
I have some hats in my blog as well, you can chek it up and see if any of those ideas work with crotchet hats!

Bea
www.jonesfantastic4.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...