12.13.2010

Now Boarding

Well, I have made a bit of progress in the craft area but I've also decided it is time to really truly learn to fly.  I've been fluttering around with the Fly Lady for a few years, but I've never truly learned to fly and I've decided I think part of this is my lack of interest in actually making a control journal.

I guess you are probably wondering what on earth I am talking about.  Flylady.net is a great site where an amazingly encouraging woman named Marla teaches baby steps to getting your home in order.  Fly stands for finally loving yourself.  This is a great site when you live in c.h.a.o.s or can't have anyone over syndrome.  The first thing she tells you is to go shine your sink, sounds like nothing, but I can attest that it is great to walk into the kitchen in the morning and not find it overflowing with dishes.  The system is "all about establishing little habits that string together into simple routines to help your day run on automatic pilot."  I know I need this, that is why I signed up for her emails, but I never built the control journal, so I'm going back to day one. TODAY!

So, I'm off to "Shine my sink" and tomorrow, day 2, I will "Get dressed to lace up shoes" when I first get up in the morning and shine my sink before going to bed.  I can do this, I know I can and I know when I do this, my house will be on auto-pilot, and I will have more time to work on my constantly growing craft list.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...