12.21.2010

Naked Walking Man and Decluttering 15 Minutes at a Time

Naked walking man lives in my neighborhood and walks daily while reading a book.  Well, not completely naked, but shirtless as soon as it hits 45 degrees, and I guess since it is right about the freezing line here, if he's walking now, I haven't noticed since it's usually the fact that he's shirtless that calls him to my attention (and to my children who always ask why he's walking around "topless reading" as Junebug called it once).

What does this have to do with decluttering 15 minutes at a time?  Well, yesterday Flylady had me add a 5 minute room rescue to my morning routine.  Yesterday and today I did this and felt pretty good about my accomplishments.  So today, Day 10, is "You can do anything for 15 minutes."  I did 15 minutes of decluttering and decided to do 15 minutes of walking, around the center of my house that is (that whole freezing outside thing).  I actually had my shoes on at this point so I set the timer and started walking but since O-man didn't want music on, I was trying to figure out what else I could do to help the 15 minutes pass more quickly.  I figured if naked walking man can walk along the road and read, I can do laps in my house and crochet, right!?!?!?!  I grabbed my now less frequently used baby sling, threw some yarn in and worked on one of my last Christmas gifts.  A bit of exercise and creative productivity at the same time was a successful 15 minutes in my book.

And, since one of my hot spots is the dining room table and I'd already taken care of it, we were able to spread out and make some Oreo goodies for class parties tomorrow:
Dipped in chocolate and decorated with crushed Oreos, candy canes and sprinkles by the girls.  O-man tested them before we had a chance to stop him.  I'm judging by the chocolaty grin he sported, they were yummy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...