So, against Flylady's advice, I decided to go at it until it was done (OK, with some good nights sleeps and naps in between). I did however have a give-a-way, throw-a-way and several put-a-way bins (good Flylady advice). I started by dividing up everything by category: Sewing, scrapbooking, jewelry and other crafts.
I took everything off the floor and counter tops and put it into the correct bin. This enabled me to look at the stuff that was already in the cabinets, something I knew needed to be done, but had been avoiding. Filling the bins was the fastest part of the process:
|The original bins really are under there, it always looks worse before it looks better|
|I knew all that Chinese take out would benefit me later!|
So, my new toys have a clean home and hopefully, I will be using them regularly very soon. We have a few days left of Winter Break and a few projects I want to do with the kids before then, so my toys may have to wait, but at least they won't be claustrophobic while they wait.
The rest of the house on the other hand required some Flylady crisis cleaning to be ready for my parents delayed visit.