3.28.2012

Creating Success Around the World - Robin from The T-Shirt Diaries

It's time for another edition of Creating Success Around the World!!!!  If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming edition, please email me at domesticdeadline@gmail.com.





This is a fun blog hop to help us all get to know a bit more about some of my favorite bloggers.  If you don't already know her, I'd love for you to meet Robin and join in the blog hop!!!!

1.  What do you create? I make dresses and bags out of pre-loved t-shirts for girls and boys. I also make a ton of hair accessories.

2.  Why do you create? It destresses me. I grew up wanting to be a fashion designer and always made little clothes for my barbies. I also love the idea of taking something pre-loved and giving it new life. I love upcycling and challenging myself to see what I can come up with.

3.  Do you sell your creations?  If so, where, how and is it profitable? I do an occasional craft show and sell a lot of my products at local stores. I have an etsy site, but do not spend any time updating it. I don't even think I have anything on the site right now. I feel like a crafting slacker.

4.  What mistakes have you made or lessons have you learned? I am not a craft show kind of girl. There is a lot of effort into setting up a booth at a craft fair, not to mention the cost if you do infact get accepted to a show. Clothes really don't sell because I have different sizes and different styles. It is a very specific audience that is looking for what I sell, and they are usually not going to craft shows to find it.  I prefer being in a local store, yes you loose some profit (40-50%) but you don't have to do as much work to get your product sold.

I have also learned that it is important to have a lot of inventory, something I often times do not have. I am working on it.

5.  What, to you, is success?  Have you achieved it yet or are you on your way towards success? Success is the ability to pay for all my crafting supplies with my profits. I am working my way, the next stop is actually setting up an ETSY shop and putting products in it.

6.  So what's next? I have another round of Project Recycled coming up on my blog the first week in April! I am really excited because we have contestants from around the world competing in this contest strictly devoted to upcycling! It is a marvelous experience and I am so excited to be able to do another round. Oh yeah and congratulations for wining the first season of Project Recycled you rock star ;)


Peace be with you,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...