Here's what we used that was all on hand: Mini and regular sized Styrofoam eggs, fabric strips, glass jars, old book pages, yarn, mod podge and glass candle holders. I did buy blue spray paint, but I needed it to finish two other projects, so the $2.50 the mini can cost was well worth it. Some of the supplies I had bought shortly before stashbusting began, and of course didn't get to the project until now, but it's out of my stash!
Take a peek:
The girls had a lot of fun making the book page eggs, we have about 20 of them! To make it easier on them, I had them wet the paper and then paint mod podge over top. I did smooth them a bit before they were dried. I should go back and put another coat or two on them, but I probably will just find another project to do instead!
Sorry, the egg in the middle was something I picked up on clearance a few years ago, but it would be really easy to make if it hadn't been about 50cents! I just liked the way it looks with the mini egg tree and the rolled rosette tree. What doesn't show up in the picture is that we covered the tree with a course yarn about the same color as the nest on the large egg. I did it that way to coordinate the three pieces together
Peace be with you,