9.16.2011

Farm Fresh Friday: Tarragon Turkey Burgers

In addition to the great fruits and veggies we get at our CSA we can also cut fresh herbs whenever we want!  I cut some rosemary every week to dry out for my rosemary tea but I've also tried a few herbs that were new to me, like tarragon.

A few months ago we got a freezer in our basement, and I like to keep it full with prepared dinner options but I can't deal with spending a whole weekend making meals.  A great sale on free range turkey and grass fed ground beef, plus my share for the week not only fed us dinner that night, but another 5 nights are all ready to go in the freezer!

Tarragon Turkey Burgers 
(this is for about 6 burgers, I quadrupled it, it takes 4 burgers to feed my family):
1 lb of ground turkey (I used 3lbs turkey and 1 lb of lean ground beef, my family likes it that way)
1/2 cup zucchini and/or summer squash, shredded
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped peppers
1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 cup finely chopped kale or spinach
Salt and Pepper to your prefrance
2 eggs
1/2 cup+ oatmeal (optional)

Mix all the veggies, tarragon, S&P together in a large bowl.  Look how pretty:
Mix in eggs and ground turkey until well blended.  I like to add the oatmeal to help bind everything together and it seems to help the burgers turn out better after freezing.  If you choose to use the oatmeal, start with 1/2 cup and add in until it is a texture you like.

Grill immediately or freeze in individual patties (wrapped in biodegradable parchment paper).  My super picky Tasha gobbled her burger up and was thrilled to know I had more for other nights.

Peace be with you,
 

I'll be linking up to some of these parties, stop by and check out the talent!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...