8.19.2011

Sewing for a Car Trip

Today we are heading up to New Hampshire for the Timberman race.  This will be IronFish's third time competing in this event consisting of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and 13.1 run... yes, I think he is crazy but he's been doing this for a few years now.

So for the past few years, this has become our family vacation... it's a good thing New Hampshire is beautiful!  We have explored the area a bit each time and get to spend some time with IronFish's cousin and her husband who live near by.  I'm sure I'll share some fun pictures next week when we get back.

But, a trip to New Hampshire is a good 6 hours in the car with three kids, not as far as Ohio and luckily with another driver, but still a long car ride for kids.  A few weeks ago we were in a store and the kids saw neck pillows, and of course asked for them.  Light bulb!

I can make that!  So I did!  JuneBug and I selected flannel for each of the pillows and cut them into a U shape.  I really just eyeballed what I thought would be the right size.  I sewed and JuneBug stuffed.

I guess they like them, they have been using them even for a quick run to the grocery store!

Peace be with you,
 

I'll be linking up to some of these parties, stop by and check out the talent!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Great cushions for the car Emily!
Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your teaching the girls to sew post on my round tuit post this week!
Round Tuit 63
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...