So, a while ago, I started planning changes to, well, my whole downstairs! If you want to see the disaster again, go here, I can't bare to post the pictures a second time! Well, I've made progress... After some planning, measuring, calculating and a few mistakes I took this:
I am loving the results! I started with eight 1x12s each 6 feet in length and a sheet of luan. Now, everyone has their own space to hang their bag and jacket, a "drawer" for their smaller personal items (wallet, phone, kid's mail, whatever small things I find lying around the house...) and a basket for their shoes.
I must admit, I'm super proud of doing this all myself! IronFish held some boards in place while I nail-gunned them, but otherwise, I did this ALL myself (yep, bragable moment). The best part is everyone has a place to put their things and now we don't have a traffic jam when you come in the house because of all the stuff that accumulates.
I still need to cover the "drawers" in black canvas to go with my mail center. Now it's time to tackle the living room!