original recipe, so here is my version:
For the bread:
- 3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup multi-grain flour (I find this replaces white flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with Pam.
- Blend bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together and sprinkle the baking soda and salt on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Top off with the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
The T-Shirt Diaries and vote for week one of this fun contest. First up was a wild card and I'm already hard at work on next week's project, I just hope I make it to week 2!!!!! You can vote once every 24 hours!
Peace be with you,